Template

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Oh, Puhleeze!!!!!!

As if there isn't enough really irritating stuff to read on line this weekend with the election coming up and all, this picture was on line today with a heading about layering this winter without looking bigger.  Does anyone else see a problem with this picture?  I immediately see two major ones.  (1)  If you add these gals sizes together you don't even get a double digit.  (2)  I'm not quite sure a mid-weight jacket and a scarf should be considered layering for a real winter.

Who thinks up  these fashion articles?  I remember one about carrying the really big purses to detract from you hips if you are bottom heavy.  They used super models to illustrate their point in that one too.  Needless to say, I didn't run right out and buy the biggest purse in the store because I OWN A MIRROR!

And what about 'Plus Size' models?  Yes, some are actually a size 14 (not a big girl in my book), but they are also 6 ft. tall and hard as a rock.  Not to mention they are in their 20's.  Where are the gals that look like me and most of my friends?  I want to see what that outfit looks like on Aunt Bea before I order it, including the EasySpirit shoes.




1 comment: