Template

Friday, October 22, 2010

MINE!!!!!!

SOAP is a great guy.  He has been a faithful, loving husband and father and a very good provider for nearly 42 years.  He loves to decorate the house and pays the utmost attention to the yard.  Most women would love to have a man that looked for ways to spend time and money on their home, although I can see the advantage of having a guy that doesn't really have an opinion on the interior decor.  His list of attributes could go on and on,  HOWEVER.......he is still a guy.

I just put him on a plane to Albuquerque, where he will stay until Monday.  That means there will be 2 days and 3 nights that I will have complete possession of the remote control.    Granted it is the weekend and we pretty much agree on the shows to watch.  Of course tonight it will be the Rangers in game 6.  Tomorrow is a day full of college football capped off by TCU vs. Air Force.  GO FROGS!!!!!  But, even if we want to watch the same programs, I would like to watch the whole program without interruption.  Mute, back-up, pause, guide, mute again, surf through commercial, guide again......what is it with men?  I think it's a control issue.  Hence the name 'remote CONTROL'.  The only time I can get my hands on it when he is here is when I notice an entire commercial playing or the guide not changing pages.  When that happens I know he has dozed off and if I am quiet and quick enough I can grab it and keep it until he wakes up for a snack.  It's going to be a quiet and peaceful weekend.  I may even sit in SOAP's recliner.

1 comment:

  1. You are a hoot Anne! You blog as good as SOAP! Have a wonderful relaxing weekend and sit in his chair! LOL! Wish Don loved working in the yard like Ron does!

    Love ya,
    Maryjane

    P.S. Welcome to blogland! xox

    ReplyDelete