Template

Friday, October 8, 2010

Bye Bye Birdie

I'll just start by saying that I expressly told SOAP  not to put that gawd awful picture of me on the blog.  Now for the story.  At no time did I ever want to keep the bird.  I hate having birds anywhere near me.  Maybe my parents are to blame.  They let me watch the Alfred Hitchcock movie "The Birds" when I was very young and the image of the evil flock has stayed with me.  Birds give me the creeps.  I won't even go into the aviary at the zoo no matter how many of the grandchildren are in there. The only reason I sent SOAP for the cage was to save one of God's creatures from being eaten by a hawk or our neighborhood owl.  That is only slightly more than I would have done for a snake.  I googled how not to let it die on my watch and got rid of it at the first opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment