Template

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Lazy weekend

All weekend we have lounged around and watched some sort of ball being thrown, hit, caught, passed, fumbled, shot or dribbled.  SOAP got sick in Albuquerque and even stayed a day longer because he was too miserable to get on the plane and come home.  His appetite is not all the way back yet and his get-up and go has got up and went.  It has been unusually quiet around here.




The TCU game was the highlight of the weekend.  Very late last night we beat UNLV in Las Vegas and remain undefeated.  Two of the previously undefeateds went down earlier in the day and when the BCS polls came out tonight we had been upped to #3.  GO FROGS!!!!

The Rangers looked good yesterday, but tonight was a huge disappointment.  Although baseball games can turn on a dime, I'm not holding my breath.  The Cowboys went down in flames...AGAIN!!!!  The Spurs are doing OK.  Just ask Tony.  He signed a new contract for 50M.  They lost to New Orleans, but we couldn't be too sad because our good friend, Monty Williams, is the new head coach.  Monty is a former Spur and the youngest head coach in the league.  We wish the best for his beautiful family.  Basketball is an extremely long season so it's way too early to worry about the Spurs.

My new favorite game is Words with Friends.  I currently have 5 games going.  Hopefully it will keep my mind sharp.  Certainly it is teaching me new words.  Did you know 'ut' is a word?  I didn't.  Maybe I should look it up and see how I can use it in my next blog.

Lest you think I wasted the entire weekend, there are now three less boxes stacked in the front closet.  What was an enormous pile of  really old family pictures and assorted other memorabilia has now been consolidated into just one box.  Well, one box, a huge trash bag, and a box for each  of the kids.  SURPRISES coming your way soon.....Love, Mom.



No comments:

Post a Comment